Friday, August 15, 2014

People raising their babies right.


I heard this on a show and it stuck with me. A constant thing you think about as a parent is am I doing this right?? Should I be doing this? Most always go unanswered. However, I am learning how much easier my decision making is when I spend time in prayer. I may not have the answers and I am so much more confident in my decision making when I know that he is on my side. 

I have my amazing parents to thank for this. When I'm at my lowest or in a time of confusion and chaos,I can hear my sweet mommas voice saying "trust God baby" "he will never leave you or forsake you" I hear verse after verse and specific prayers she repeated to me growing up. This is love. I made my mistakes growing up. Hurt myself, hurt my parents but I was always fed words of encouragement. I was constantly prayed over even when I didn't know. Even at a time of the biggest loss in our life. Losing my brother, my moms first born. I never saw her lose faith. Her faith is constant. Her faith is strong. Her faith is contagious. 

I hope I'm half the mom she is. Every decision I make I pray it is done with the same conviction of knowing I need my Lord and Savior to come first in my decision making. I know I will not be perfect, every decision won't be perfect, but knowing that He has my back and won't fail me I will be able to find peace in that. 

If all else fails I hear the words from my dad saying "well you better get on your knees" :) 

So thanks mom and dad for everything you have done and continue to do for me. For us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment